I'm living in nyc for a little while until I start school in the spring. figured I'd blog about it. :)
I don't have any pictures right now to show you since I'm afraid of getting mugged on the subway with my big camera...
Speaking of the subway, it is much less scary than I remembered. I've already been on it many times in the past week, and the only time I was scared was coming back from a concert in a sketchy part of Brooklyn really late at night. In that situation I just waited until other people left who were going in my direction and I was fine.
here are some highlights of my first week.
- discovered the best thrift store in all of the land. you pay by the POUND there! I'm in love.
- IT RAINED. It almost never rains in California, which makes me sad.
- awesome labor day concert by Caddywhompus The Great American Novel and Slendermen (there were other bands but they weren't as cool. also, I linked the band names to their bandcamps so go download that!)
- riding the subway! I really love driving, but I do not miss the crazy LA drivers. I'm so relaxed!
- seeing my lovely friend nicole! It's wonderful living close to her for a little bit.
- meeting emma watson! (this isn't a highlight since it was sad but I had to include it.)
- phone calls with my momma. she really is the best.
- Labor day BBQ at my sister's! I love her friends. Mostly the dog that was brought along...
Also taking nyc friendship applications because this city is very lonely already. ;)